Extra details etc:
Factory fitted options -
- Heated Grips (a necessity for 24/7 & 365 use in Scotland)
- Extended "fly" screen
- S wheels and accompanying tyre sizes
- Clear indicator lenses
Items removed from the 07 K1200S bike and fitted to the K1200R (Sept 08) -
- Large K1200S expanding Tank-bag
- Laser Duo-tec titanium silencer
- Centre Stand
- Carbon Fibre rear "Hugger"
- Crash bung for rear shaft (not from the S)
Initially a bit more agile than the K1200S, but less wind protection. First results show about 3 mpg less than the S, but the S is slightly higher geared and has a rather aerodynamic fairing.
Whist this machine is registered to my son, I do get
the occasional run on it... to take it for its services etc., so it is
worth inclusion as part of the "family" bikes.
Return to Rennie's biking Index.
Return to Rennie's home page Index.